The nicest Cessna 150 ever!
Aircraft: 1966 Cessna 150G. This started out as a typical worn out aircraft but is now truly the nicest and best equipped Cessna 150 in the world!
Owner: Ken is based out of Roche Harbor Airport in Friday Harbour
Need: Our customer has flown many aircraft and now semi-retired, needed something to fly from the island to the mainland.
Summary of Equipment:
- GMA 35 Remote Audio Panel /w 4 Place Intercom (Garmin)
- GTN-750 (GPS/NAV/COM & MFD) (Garmin)
- GTR225 VHF Radio System (Garmin)
- EFD1000 Pro PFD System (Aspen)
- GTX345 (ADS-B) Transponder (Garmin)
- System 50 Autopilot System (Genesys)
- MaxPanel – Custom Instrument Panel
- MaxPanel – New (Cessna) Lower Switch Panel
- Leather wrap covers w/ PTT switches for each control yoke
- Sky-Tec Lightweight starter
Ken came to us with a worn out Cessna 150 that he wanted to make better than new. It first spent some time up with our partners at Upper Valley Aviation getting stripped down, repaired, new plastic and a custom designed paint job. At the same time Ken commissioned them to put beautiful leather interior to compliment the paint job.
While this work was being performed at UVA, Ken was working with us to design the ultimate instrument panel for his “like new” bird. There are always many factors that influence the final avionics package such as capabilities, budget, and vendor but with the small panel on the C150, space was also a big concern. We cut a new panel and wedged an amazing system in it, now allowing Ken to fly wherever he wants either VFR or a very comfortable and safe IFR operation.
Being the most elaborate in the world, he wanted to have new avionics and a custom panel installed. Including a new lower switch panel and leather warp covers for his control yokes.