Aircraft: 1978 Cessna 182Q
Owner: Daryl lives in Vancouver and also flies a twin engine jet and helicopter.
Need: Our customer wanted a great floatplane so that he and his family could fly and enjoy the plentiful amount of lakes in British Columbia.
Summary of Equipment:
- G500 Flight Display System (Garmin)
- GTN 750 GPS/Nav/Com & MFD (Garmin)
- GTN 650 GPS/Nav/Com & MFD (Garmin)
- GTX345 ADS-B Transponder (Garmin)
- GMA35C Audio System /w 4 Place Intercom (Garmin)
- GTS800 Traffic System (Garmin)
- System 55X Autopilot (/w Autotrim Option) (Genesys)
- ST-645 A/P Remote annunciator (Genesys)
- LEMO Headset Jacks (Maxcraft)
- MVP-50 Primary Engine Monitor System (Electronics International)
- GDL69A Weather Data Link System (Garmin)
- MaxPanel Custom Instrument Panel (Maxcraft)
- MaxPanel Circuit Breaker Overlay Panel (Maxcraft)
- 406AF Compact ELT system (Kannad)
- Antennas and doublers (Maxcraft)
- TA202 USB charging port (Mid Continent)
- ESI-500 Standby Indicator (L3 Avionics)
The Story: When you want one of the best floatplanes out there you need to start out with a good airframe and the Cessna 182 fills that bill well. You then need to perform some serious upgrades by a very specific talented team. Here is a breakdown of how and who put this all together:
- Jim Schwerman – Seaplanes R us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim created the C182 Super Sealane floatplane conversion kit and he knows them inside and out
- They sourced a solid C182 Q model but in an all original state
- Installed a new Continental IO-550 with a 3 blade prop.
- Installed the Seaplanes West motor mount, upgross kit, floatplane kit
- Installed Aerocet Model 3400 Amphibious Composite Floats
- Fred Hossman – Port Interiors http://www.portinteriors.com/
- If you want the best interior then this is your choice and Fred and team didn’t let the customer down.
- It’s a jet like interior in a Cessna 182
- They removed the interior after arrival at Maxcraft, took it away to their shop and then re-installed it as we were finishing up the avionics
- Maxcraft Avionics
- We were honoured to be part of this exclusive team
- We worked with the customer to design the ultimate panel for his Sealane
- While Jim was doing all of his work we finalized the design with the customer and started pre-fabrication prior to aircraft arrival.
Pictures (carousel) Original 1970’s panel Old avionics & wiring removed Avionics wiring pre-fab work on benchMaxpanel fabrication Maxpanel fabrication